Oracle GoldenGate is a comprehensive software package for real-time data integration and replication in heterogeneous IT environments. The product set enables high availability solutions, real-time data integration, transactional change data capture, data replication, transformations, and verification between operational and analytical enterprise systems. Oracle GoldenGate 19c brings extreme performance with simplified configuration and management, tighter integration with Oracle Database, support for cloud environments, expanded heterogeneity, and enhanced security. In addition to the Oracle GoldenGate core platform for real-time data movement, Oracle provides the Management Pack for Oracle GoldenGate—a visual management and monitoring solution for Oracle GoldenGate deployments—as well as Oracle GoldenGate Veridata, which allows high-speed, high-volume comparison between two in-use databases.
What will you learn?
- Install, configure and manage Oracle GoldenGate EMCC plug-in and associated agents
- Discover, promote and monitor Oracle GoldenGate instances
- Install and configure and manage GoldenGate Monitor and associated agents
- Create a required WebLogic Server GoldenGate Monitor Server domain
- Start-stop and monitor GoldenGate instances
- Configure and manage email alerts
- Configure and manage SNMP alerts
Who should go for this training?
The following professionals can go for this course:
- Database Administrator
- System Integrator
What are the pre-requisites for this Course?
- Describe the features and functionality of Oracle GoldenGate 11g (188.8.131.52.0)
- Identify key capabilities and differentiators
- Describe Oracle GoldenGate high-availability and disaster tolerance solutions
- Describe Oracle GoldenGate real-time data integration solutions
- Describe the logical Oracle GoldenGate architecture and components
- Describe Oracle GoldenGate process groups
- Explain change capture and delivery
- Explain initial data load
- Compare batch and online operations
- Explain Oracle GoldenGate checkpointing
- Describe the commit sequence number (CSN)
- Describe Oracle GoldenGate files
- Describe the high-level configuration steps
- Configure and start the Manager process
- Configure supplemental logging
- On the database
- At the table level
- Generate source definitions files
- Prepare a source database for transaction capture
- Explain what the Replicat process does
- Configure and start a Replicat process
- Configure Replicat to handle collisions between changes and the Initial Load data
- Troubleshoot a started solution
- Describe Oracle GoldenGate initial load methods
- Identify the prerequisites before initiating an initial load
- Explain the advantages of Oracle GoldenGate methods
- Configure an initial load by using Oracle GoldenGate
- Select and filter data for replication
- Map columns between different schemas
- Use built-in @ functions
- Use SQLEXEC to interact directly with a database
- Use BatchSQL to speed delivery
- Compress data across the network
- Encrypt messages, trails, and passwords
- Automatically trigger actions based on Event records
- Describe the concept of DDL replication
- Explain the requirements for Oracle DDL replication
- Describe Oracle GoldenGate options for DDL replication
- Explain how to activate DDL capture
- List the building blocks that makeup Oracle GoldenGate functionality
- List the supported databases and platforms
- Describe the Oracle GoldenGate product line:
- Oracle GoldenGate Veridata
- Management Pack for Oracle GoldenGate
- Oracle GoldenGate Director
- Oracle GoldenGate Monitor
- Oracle GoldenGate for Flat File
- Oracle GoldenGate for Java
- Download the required Oracle GoldenGate Media Pack
- Install Oracle GoldenGate on Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- Run Oracle GoldenGate commands from the Oracle GoldenGate Software
- Command Interface (GGSCI)
- Identify the types of GGSCI commands available
- Use Obey files
- Describe what the Extract process does
- Configure, start, and stop an Extract process
- Configure, start, and stop an Extract data pump
- Add local and remote trails
- Configure Extract to access logs on Oracle Automatic Storage
- Management (ASM)
- Describe and contrast Extract trails and files
- Describe the formats that Extract trails and files can have
- View Extract trails and files with logdump
- Reverse the sequence of operations in an Extract trail or file (to back out changes)
- Edit parameter files
- Compare GLOBALS parameters with process parameters
- Describe commonly used parameters for:
- Both Extract and Replicat
- Create and invoke macros
- Set and retrieve user tokens
- Run user exits in GoldenGate processes
- Replicate Oracle sequences
- Describe bidirectional configuration
- Detect and avoid loops
- Handle bidirectional issues such as loop detection
- Detect and resolve conflicts
- Handle identity types
Modes of Training
Live interactive sessions delivered in our classroom by our expert trainers with real-time scenarios.
Learn from anywhere over the internet, joining the live sessions delivered by our expert trainers.
Learn through pre-recorded video sessions delivered by experts at your own pace and timing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our trainer is an OCP & OCM certified consultant and has a significant amount of experience in working with the technology, having 18yrs of experience.
Once you get registered, our back-end team will share you the details to join the session live over an online portal which can be accessed through a browser.
Each of our live sessions is recorded. In case if you miss any, you can request us to share the link to that particular session.
For practical execution, our trainer/technical team will provide server access details to the student
Yes. We do provide the step-by-step document which you can follow and if required our technical team will assist you.
Live-Online training is where you can have a live session with the trainer and clarify queries parallelly.
Pre-recorded sessions are the recorded videos that will be provided to you that you can see, listen, and learn anytime at ur feasible place. For doubts in the videos, you can mail the trainer regarding the same.
You can contact our support team, or just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your queries.
Visit our website regularly to check discounts offers from time to time. However, we provide a discount for single participants & special discounts for 2 or more participants.
* If the request for cancelation is made within 2 days of enrolment for class, 100% refunded.
* If the request made after 2 days, then Refund is made after deduction of the administration fee.