MongoDB is a document-based NoSQL database. It’s known for its support for scalability, flexibility, and sophisticated queries. It also features high availability, document validation, and tools for automation, backup, and monitoring.
What will you learn?
- Why MongoDB is the perfect solution for database challenges
- How to perform MongoDB administration duties such as installation, configuration etc
- How to decide the types of queries to be used to ensure maximum resource utilization
- How to apply appropriate policies, procedures, configurations, backup and recovery tasks and security settings
Who should go for this training?
The following professionals can go for this course:
Is this coaching best for you
- Database administrators, system administrators, network administrators, application developers, and even data architects
- who wants to understand how the administration is performed in MongoDB will find this MongoDB course online useful.
What are the pre-requisites for this Course?
- Understanding of any RDBMS like Mysql/Oracle
- Basics of Linux
- Understanding the basic concepts of a Database
- Database categories: What is NoSQL Why NoSQL Benefit over RDBMS
- Types of NoSQL Database, and NoSQL vs. SQL Comparison, ACID & Base Property
- CAP Theorem, implementing NoSQL and what is MongoDB
- Graph Database
- Overview of MongoDB, Design Goals for MongoDB Server and Database, MongoDB tools
- Understanding the following: Collection, Documents, and Key/ Values, etc.,
- Introduction to JSON and BSON documents
- Environment setup (live Hands-on) and using various MongoDB tools available in the MongoDB Package
- Administration concepts in MongoDB
- Monitoring issues related to Database
- Monitoring at Server, Database, Collection level, and various Monitoring tools related to MongoDB
- Database Profiling, Locks, Memory Usage, No of connections, page fault etc,
- Backup and Recovery Methods for MongoDB
- Export and Import of Data to and from MongoDB
- Run time configuration of MongoDB
- Production notes/ best practices
- Data Managements in MongoDB (Capped Collections/ Expired data from TTL),
- TTL Collection Features
- Memory-Mapped Files
- Journaling Mechanics
- Storage Engines
- Power of 2-Sized Allocations
- No Padding Allocation Strategy
- Diagnosing Performance Issues
- Optimization Strategies for MongoDB
- Configure Tag Sets for Replica Set Optimize Query Performance
- Monitoring Strategies for MongoDB MongoDB Utilities
- MongoDB Commands
- MongoDB Management Service (MMS)
- Data Backup Strategies in MongoDB
- Copying Underlying Data Files
- Backup with MongoDump
- Fsync and Lock
- MongoDB Ops Manager Backup Software
- Security Strategies in MongoDB
- Authentication Implementation in MongoDB Authentication in a Replica set
- Authentication on Sharded Clusters
- End-to-End Auditing for Compliance
- Knowing security concepts in MongoDB
- Understand how Authentication and Authorisation works
- Security Introduction
- Security Concepts
- Import and Export MongoDB® Data
- Restore and recovery of MongoDB(Including point in time Recovery)
- Restore a Replica Set from MongoDB Backups
- Recover Data after an Unexpected Shutdown
- Backup and Restore with Filesystem Snapshots
- Back Up and Restore with MongoDB Tools
- Backup and Restore Sharded Clusters
- Aggregation to Introduction
- Approach to Aggregation
- Type of Aggregation (Pipeline, MapReduce & Single Purpose)
- Performance Tuning
- Understand MongoDB Stitch
- Learn MongoDB Atlas
- Use Cloud products in MongoDB deployments
- Knowing MongoDB Cloud products
- New features/concepts released at that moments if any
- Any concepts with special interests
- Misc concepts if any
- MongoDB CRUD Introduction,
- MongoDB CRUD Concepts
- Concerns (Read & Write Operations) –”Concern Levels, Journaling, etc,
- Cursor Query Optimizations, Query Behavior in MongoDB
- Distributed Read & Write Queries
- MongoDB Datatypes
- MongoDB CRUD Syntax & Queries (Live Hands-on)
- Batch Insert in MongoDB
- Ordered Bulk Insert and Unordered Bulk Insert
- Inserts: Internals and Implications
- Retrieving the documents
- Specify Equality Condition
- $in, “AND” Conditions
- $or Operator
- Specify AND/OR Conditions
- Regular Expression
- Array Exact Match
- Array Projection Operators •$Where Query
- Advance query option •Update Operation
- $Unset and $inc Modifiers •$Push and $addToSet •Positional Array Modifications Upsert
- Removing Documents
- Create a User Administrator.
- Add a User to a Database.
- Create/Assign User a Role.
- Verify/Modify User Access/Privileges.
- Change a User’s Password.
- Index Introduction,
- Index Concepts,
- Index Types,
- Index Properties
- Index Creation and Indexing Reference
- Introduction to Aggregation
- Approach to Aggregation
- sort Order
- Pipeline Operators and Indexes
- Text Indexes
- Aggregate Pipeline Stages
- Text Search
- Index Creation
- Aggregation Operations
- Index Creation on Replica Set
- Remove, Modify, and Rebuild Indexes
- Listing Indexes
- Measure Index Use
- Control Index Use
- Index Use Reporting
- Geospatial Indexes
- MongoDB’s Geospatial Query Operators
- $GeoWith Operator
- Proximity Queries in MongoDB Performance Tuning
- Introduction to Replication (High Availability)
- Concepts around Replication
- What is Replica Set and Master-Slave Replication
- Type of Replication in MongoDB
- How to setup a replicated cluster & managing replica sets etc.,
- Introduction to Replication
- Master-Slave Replication
- Replica Set in MongoDB
- Automatic Failover
- Replica Set Members
- Write Concern
- Write Concern Levels
- Write Concern for a Replica Set
- Modify Default Write Concern
- Read Preference
- Read Preference Modes
- Blocking for Replication
- Tag Set
- Configure Tag Sets for Replica set
- Replica Set Deployment Strategies
- Replica Set Deployment Patterns
- Oplog File
- Replication State and Local Database
- Replication Administration
- What is a Shard
- Concepts around Sharding, what are shards, Key,
- Config Server, Query Router, etc.
- How to setup a Sharding,
- Type of Sharding (Hash-Based, Range Based, etc.), and Managing Shards.
- Choosing a Shard Key
- Range-Based Shard Key
- Hash-Based Sharding.
- Impact of Shard Keys on Cluster Operation
- Production Cluster Architecture
- Config Server Availability
- Production Cluster Deployment
- Add Shards to a Cluster
- Enable Sharding for Database and a Collection
- Maintaining a Balanced Data Distribution
- Chunk Size and Type.
- Shard Balancing
- Customized Data Distribution with Tag Aware Sharding. Tag Aware Sharding
- Troubleshoot slow queries
- Diagnose connectivity problems
- Understand diagnostic tools
- Learn common production issues
- Learn fixes and solutions
Modes of Training
Live interactive sessions delivered in our classroom by our expert trainers with real-time scenarios.
Learn from anywhere over the internet, joining the live sessions delivered by our expert trainers.
Learn through pre-recorded video sessions delivered by experts at your own pace and timing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our trainer is an OCP & OCM certified consultant and has a significant amount of experience in working with the technology, having 18yrs of experience.
Once you get registered, our back-end team will share you the details to join the session live over an online portal which can be accessed through a browser.
Each of our live sessions is recorded. In case if you miss any, you can request us to share the link to that particular session.
For practical execution, our trainer/technical team will provide server access details to the student
Yes. We do provide the step-by-step document which you can follow and if required our technical team will assist you.
Live-Online training is where you can have a live session with the trainer and clarify queries parallelly.
Pre-recorded sessions are the recorded videos that will be provided to you that you can see, listen, and learn anytime at ur feasible place. For doubts in the videos, you can mail the trainer regarding the same.
You can contact our support team, or just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your queries.
Visit our website regularly to check discounts offers from time to time. However, we provide a discount for single participants & special discounts for 2 or more participants.
* If the request for cancelation is made within 2 days of enrolment for class, 100% refunded.
* If the request made after 2 days, then Refund is made after deduction of the administration fee.