A Linux System Administrator takes care of computers running on the Linux operating systems. The professional will handle the support infrastructure, operating systems, virtual platforms, and applications. The administrator is responsible for the integrity and security of the servers and computer systems by following established security protocols and practices.
These professionals work in collaboration with the computer system engineer to install the system. The Linux administrator ensures the systems are updated with changing technologies. They are in charge of the installation of new software, granting permissions, and training users for the applications.
What will you learn?
Who should go for this training?
The following professionals can go for this course:
What are the pre-requisites for this Course?
- History of UNIX & Linux
- Basic Concepts of Operating System
- Soft link & hard links
- Introduction to VIM
- Basic VIM workflow
- Installation of Linux Graphically
- Kick Start Installation
- Network Installation (using ftp, NFS & HTTP)
- Combining kickstart & N/W installation
- Complete automated installation
- Applying File System Access Control List (ACL)
- Restricting a particular user to use a file or directory
- Diff type of FS like ext3,ext4,xfs etc
- Simple Partition & File System
- Managing Swap Space
- Increasing & Decreasing swap spaces
- Mounting a File system & Making it Permanent
- Introduction to Networking and Connections
- Understanding Network Configuration Files in 6&7
- Assigning IP Address
- Introduction to firewalld services
- Allowing a service/port in firewall
- Removing a service/port in firewall
- Saving and making the rules permanent in
- Boot Process
- Repairing Boot Issues
- Real time Boot issues
- Introduction to systemctl command
- Starting, stopping, reloading & refreshing service
- Managing Services
- Sync data between two servers using encryption
- Usage of dry-run in rsync
- Backup of data using tar
- Applying gzip on tar file
- Uncompressing tar and gzip files
- Using FTP
- Configuring FTP for anonymous users
- Configuring FTP for upload files
- Configuring FTP for Downloading files
- Restricting Users for FTP
- Configuring SAMBA service for file sharing with Windows
- Connecting SAMBA server from Windows Client
- Configuring Apache web server
- Redirecting the website
- Virtual web hosting
- Port Based web hosting
- Name based web hosting
- Configuring squid proxy for internet sharing
- blocking unwanted websites
- Changing the default port of proxy
- File System of Linux
- Creating, Removing, Copying, Moving files & Directories
- File Permissions
- Using Grep
- Pipelines & Redirections Basic Regular Expressions
- Creating & Deleting Users
- Modifying Users Profile
- Files related to User Administration
- Creating & Removing Groups
- Adding & Removing Users to Groups
- Basic SELinux Security Concepts
- SELinux Models
- Display & Modify SELinux Models
- Display & Modify SELinux File Context
- Components of LVM
- Implementation of LVM Storage
- Creating Volume Groups & Logical Volumes
- Extend a Logical Volume
- Extending & reducing a Volume Group
- FS Related issues in Real time
- Using Cron jobs
- Restricting Users from using Cron jobs
- Monitoring Processes
- Terminating & Governing Processes
- Setting up Priority of the Process
- usage of Top command
- Dealing with SE Linux to recover root password
- Recovering the Super user Password
- Recovering Boot Loader
- Using SSH
- Generating Keys
- Copying Pub Keys using “ssh-copyid” command
- Password Less Logging between two Systems
- Configuring SUDO
- Limiting SUDO Users
- Checking logs of SUDO users, Real time issues & usage.
- Using rmp command
- Using yum command
- creating yum repository
- configuring yum server
- configuring yum clients
- Demons and workflow of NFS demons
- Configuring NFS server
- Mounting NFS Directory on Clients
- Auto mounting NFS
- Configuring DNS server
- Integrating DSN server with clients
- Configuring Postfix for sending the mails
- Configuring Dovecot for receiving the mails
- Testing the mail flow
- Configuring dhcp server
- Creating scopes and ranges
- Client side integration
Modes of Training
Live interactive sessions delivered in our classroom by our expert trainers with real-time scenarios.
Learn from anywhere over the internet, joining the live sessions delivered by our expert trainers.
Learn through pre-recorded video sessions delivered by experts at your own pace and timing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our trainer is an OCP & OCM certified consultant and has a significant amount of experience in working with the technology, having 18yrs of experience.
Once you get registered, our back-end team will share you the details to join the session live over an online portal which can be accessed through a browser.
Each of our live sessions is recorded. In case if you miss any, you can request us to share the link to that particular session.
For practical execution, our trainer/technical team will provide server access details to the student
Yes. We do provide the step-by-step document which you can follow and if required our technical team will assist you.
Live-Online training is where you can have a live session with the trainer and clarify queries parallelly.
Pre-recorded sessions are the recorded videos that will be provided to you that you can see, listen, and learn anytime at ur feasible place. For doubts in the videos, you can mail the trainer regarding the same.
You can contact our support team, or just drop an email to email@example.com with your queries.
Visit our website regularly to check discounts offers from time to time. However, we provide a discount for single participants & special discounts for 2 or more participants.
* If the request for cancelation is made within 2 days of enrolment for class, 100% refunded.
* If the request made after 2 days, then Refund is made after deduction of the administration fee.